On a sunny morning on 7 March 2016 the bells arrived back from Whitechapel Bell Foundry after being re-tuned and with new headstocks fitted.
The Hallowing Service
In the evening after the return of the bells, there was a Hallowing Service at the church. The Bishop of Stafford came and dedicated each of the bells and blessed them with water and anointed them with oil. Jane Titely, whose ancestor, Thomas Titely was church warden in 1761 when the bells were cast, attended the service.
Looking down into the nave as the bells were blessed
The Right Reverend Geoff Annas, Bishop of Stafford blessing the bells
The bells were blessed with water and anointed with oil by the Bishop